FTDNA now provides a button to download BigY results as CSV. The ISOGG tree functionality is also moved to ISOGG Y-Tree AddOn with ability to enter SNPs manually. Hence, making this obsolete.
Enhances FTDNA's Big Y Results with many options! Big Y AddOn is a chrome browser extension that adds additional functionality to Family Tree DNA's Big Y results and plots the results on up-to-date Y-DNA Trees.
The extension adds a number of features to BigY Results
- Download Big Y SNPs.
- Download the Known SNPs Table as CSV file which can be opened in Excel.
- Download the Novel Variants Table as CSV file which can be opened in Excel.
- Auto-Populates SNPs into MorleyDNA Y-Tree for easy analysis.
- Highlights Positive and Negative SNPs in ISOGG Y-Tree.
Note: To use this add-on, you must have purchased Big-Y and received the results. Big-Y is a product from Family Tree DNA (familytreedna.com) that traces deep ancestry paternal lineage using DNA tests. ISOGG Tree is from International Society of Genetic Genealogy (www.isogg.org). Morley Y-DNA Project is a surname project maintained by Chris Morley (ytree.morleydna.com). Also note that, markers downloaded and plotted includes only Medium and High confidence and does not include Unknown and no-calls.
Prerequisites: Google Chrome
Usage: Install the addon and go to the Big-Y results page. Additional links will be become visible. Use reset button from FTDNA Big Y result page to clear all data stored by the extension.
Install: Big Y AddOn Chrome Extension
Source Code at GitHub.
Change Log: 1.0.11
- ISOGG functionality moved into a seperate AddOn.
- Now works for isogg.org/tree without the 'www' prefix. (Please note this will prompt a new permission request).
- Minor bug-fix (Doesn't mark/populate properly in tree if Known_SNPs was downloaded last)
- Minor bug-fix (Bolded individual SNPs in ISOGG isn't marked - fixed)
- Minor bug-fix (Novel Variants downloads only High - fixed. Now it includes all)
- Minor bug-fix (List populated with an extra 'values' along with kits in Y-Tree page fixed)
- Select kits directly from Y-Trees. Group Administrator friendly.
- Caching improved esp. for Group Administrators who browse different kits.
- Bug-fix (Novel Variants tab now works)
- Ability to download Novel Variants table.
- Downloads are prefixed with kit numbers.
- Minor bugfix (some SNPs not highlighted in ISOGG tree fixed).
- Supports Big Y results through GAP.
- Ability to clear caches using Reset button on FTDNA page. This helps the Group Administrator to reset for each account.
- Supports downloading table, markers. Supports ISOGG 2014 tree, MorleyDNA tree.