This tool is now obsolete as there is no potential use for it.
It is one of the very first tools developed.
OpenSNP analyzer helps to extract the genes/mutations on genes responsible for a particular phenotype using the downloads provided by OpenSNP which includes genotypes of several volunteers. The software supports both FTDNA and 23andme data files. One special requirement is that, all files must be of same build level. Please use Build 36 to 37 Converter if you wish to convert your build 36 raw data files before using this tool.
How does OpenSNP analyzer works? It takes the common genes of a folder containing samples of the same phenotype, then it takes the common genes of a folder containing samples of not having the phenotype of the first folder, then subtracting the second folder which do no have a phenotype from the first folder with phenotype could extract genes that may be responsible for that particular phenotype.
Prerequisites: Microsoft .Net Framework 4.0
osnp <folder1-genotypes> <folder2-genotypes>
osnp C:\P_Reaction\ C:\P_NoReaction\
The program will generate 4 files:
- <folder1-genotypes>.same - contains all matching genes within <folder1-genotypes> directory
- <folder2-genotypes>.same - contains all matching genes within <folder2-genotypes> directory
- <folder1-genotypes>_minus_<folder2-genotypes>.extract - contains all matching genes when <folder2-genotypes>.same is subtracted from <folder1-genotypes>.same
- <folder2-genotypes>_minus_<folder1-genotypes>.extract - contains all matching genes when <folder1-genotypes> is subtracted from <folder2-genotypes>.same
Source Code at GitHub.
- Minor Bug fix.
- Allows comparison when chromosome data is missing.
- Bug fix.
- Initial release.